Covid-19 Resources Update
Hello Neighbors –
Below are some reminders and new details about services, volunteer opportunities and voting reminders during the COVID-19 Pandemic. A host of other resources, including those outlined below, are available in our online resource document.
- A reminder that the deadline for mail-in ballots is May 26! Polling locations have been reduced due to the pandemic, and voters have the option to vote by mail-in ballot rather than going to their polling place on election day. Find our more details here.
- Jamie Gauthier’s office has set up a phone bank to check on neighbors in the 3rd District, to see if they need help and to connect them to resources. They are in search of volunteers to make calls and drivers to deliver aid. Please use this form to sign up. In it’s pilot phase, the program has been able to deliver food to hungry residents, encourage reluctant, symptomatic neighbors to get tested for COVID, and offered friendly conversation to seniors who were feeling lonely.
- Lockdown Letters is a student-run initiative collecting and sending letters of appreciation to front line workers who are dedicating their time and energy to support our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sending a letter can boost morale and make these heroes smile during tough days. Instructions for letter submission and other details can be found at lockdownletters.org.
- UCD has launched its Retail Restart Fund to help offer financial support to small businesses in the community. To learn more or donate, please visit the UCD website. SHCA will be launching a matching gift program to help support this initiative shortly. Details to come!
- UCD is surveying local restaurants to gauge how they can best assist them in their re-opening plans. If you are a restaurant owner in the neighborhood, please complete the online survey. The information from restaurants will help shape UCD’s plans and partnerships moving forward.
As always, stay well and thank you for all your support.